For your convenience, referrals can be submitted by fax, email, mail or using the online contact form below. Urgent appointments are available on request. Please call out head office on 03 9008 4200 if needed.
In order for the patient to claim Medicare rebate, a current referral from a general practitioner or specialist is required for all new appointments. GP referrals are usually valid for 12 months and specialist’s referrals for 3 months. Ideally, results of current radiological imaging (<12 months old) should be attached to a referral.
• Private: Patients must have valid private health/hospital insurance with no waiting periods. Extras are not valid.
• Veteran Affairs/Military: Both “Gold Card” and “White Card” patients are eligible. For “White Card” holders, a condition must be covered by DVA.
• Work Cover and TAC: The following information must be forwarded in addition to a valid referral:
* Work cover or TAC claim details
* Consultation approval from work cover or TAC
Please remind the patient to bring the following:
• A valid photo ID
• Current health insurance details
• A list of all regular medications
• Copies of any tests, x-rays, scans or medical history relating to their medical condition
• MIA patient’s ID, hard copies, CD-ROMs or USB flash drives with their actual scans (not just radiologist’s reports)
After receiving a referral, the patient will be contacted to arrange an appointment.